Allergen Awareness Course
It is estimated that up to 2% of Australians suffer from food allergies. In real numbers that is 1 in 100 adults and 1 in 10 children have food allergies and some of them are likely to experience a life-threatening allergic reaction known as anaphylaxis.
If you are in the business of preparing, selling, serving, making or producing food to be consumed by anyone other than yourself, it is vital that you are aware of food allergies and the serious impact these allergies have.
It is important that you know how to educate yourself and your staff on food allergies and allergens in food.
AHA Members: $29, Non Members: $39
This online short course has been designed to provide you with the following:
- An introduction and overview of food allergies
- What is anaphylaxis?
- Food allergies: types and symptoms
- Food intolerances and Coeliac Disease
- Identifying the major allergens in the workplace and a pro-active plan to manage allergens
- Communication with your staff and customers
- Sources of cross-contamination and safe food preparation
- Useful links and resources to maintain your allergen awareness
Take this great opportunity to grow your Hospitality knowledge - Register Now!
While course dates and information are provided for your convenience on the AHA(WA) website and Training Calendar, please be aware dates and times may change. Contact 9321 7701 to find out more.
Providers of Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and Approved Managers Course (Management of Licensed Premises MLP 1), leaders in hospitality training.